The inherent challenges associated with identifying talent in today’s competitive candidate market will likely continue to increase. As companies are evaluating business plans, hiring needs and recruitment strategies, it’s more important than ever to consider all available options including the adoption of new hiring practices.
As an industry veteran and leader for the previous 15 years, I have had the opportunity to partner with various employers and hiring managers to help identify appropriate talent addressing unique hiring needs, culture, and goals across a variety of professional sectors. It is my mission to develop creative solutions for procuring talent while building long-standing relationships with clients and candidates within the communities we serve.
What are the key benefits of partnering with a staffing firm?
A staffing firm is a Human Resource (HR) partner that often becomes an extension of their clients’ respective hiring team. A successful staffing partner takes the time to learn about your company, culture, goals, and challenges in order to assemble strong recruitment strategies. Your internal HR leaders wear many hats and selecting the right staffing partner could ease their workload when it comes to recruitment, onboarding, retention and performance management. It’s been said that a company’s greatest asset is its employees. Thus, identifying and retaining the right talent is vital for sustained success.
- They Save You Time and Money: You may actually reduce your cost per hire by allowing a staffing partner to assist with the following:
- Building job descriptions including the necessary structural components.
- Creating job postings that attract candidates to the opportunity often addressing the classic (WIIFM) 'What’s in it for ME’ candidate mentality.
- Sifting through hundreds of resumes to complete multiple outreaches, pre-screening candidates, and scheduling face-to-face interviews, in order to then present the best two to three qualified candidates, highlighting their accomplishments and reasons they may align to your opportunity.
- Administering a drug screen and background check (if required).
- Streamline your onboarding process by administering and retaining all hiring documents along with preparing your new employee for their first day expectations.
- Increase Your Hiring Rate: Staffing firms have the proper resources to act quickly on your behalf so you’re not starting from scratch when in a time crunch. They do this by:
- Accessing multiple job boards, social media boosts, recruiting partnerships, and other dynamic sourcing tools.
- Driving referral bonus programs and incentives.
- Providing key performance indexes (KPI) on recruitment outreach, time to fill, and attrition.
- Providing Additional HR Expertise: Staffing professionals must stay current with employment laws and regulations to help ensure compliance, educate their clients, and protect their employees. In addition:
- They should leverage their expertise by providing wage analysis reports to ensure you are competitive in the market while attracting the best available talent.
- Dynamic professional recruiters take the time to sell your opportunity and culture to each candidate. It’s often easier to highlight your company as an employer of choice when the information is shared by a third party.
- The staffing firm retains the hiring documents, ensures employees are employment authorized through E-Verify, handles background compliance, and helps mitigate your company’s risk associated with new hires.
- Creating transparency by executing stay and exit surveys to help each company become an employer of choice.
- Delivering Performance Management Enhancements: Staffing partners may handle important coaching conversations, offer performance incentives, and advertise useful retention programs by:
- Conducting quality calls with the hiring manager and employee on the first day, first week and every thirty (30) days.
- Administering verbal and written warnings if necessary to enhance performance.
- Customizing incentive programs as a client solution.
- Fostering Your Hiring Flexibility: Your company may prefer not to commit long-term to a new hire right away or, as a leader, you might not have the approval to add another FTE with the added cost of expensive benefits. Therefore, your staffing partners can assist with the following important functions:
- Payroll administration and payroll burden: FICA, FUTA, SUTA, WC and ACA.
- The ability to terminate an employee’s assignment if it’s not a fit and then prioritize your replacement immediately.
One Simple Question
Why wouldn’t you consider partnering with a team of staffing experts in this competitive labor market? After all, your ability to conduct business in the most efficient manner may depend on your talent strategy. Frankly, it’s critical that you take the time to identify an ideal staffing partner by understanding their workflow and recruitment strategies. Whichever company you choose, you must ensure that you are dealing with a reputable, professional organization that aligns with your company culture.
Anderson|Biro Staffing is a full-service staffing firm focused on the office professional space. Our motto here is Powerful teams…Practical strategies® and our clients appreciate our flexible, realistic approach to doing business and delivering effective results. Please visit www.andersonbirostaffing.com to learn more.